G.H Muir was a schoolteacher who later became headmaster at Mount Pleasant School. He continued to play for St. Mary’s until 1889, after which he became a referee. He refereed an Amateur Cup final and served the Hampshire F.A. for many years. In 1915, he became a director of Southampton Football Club, remaining with the club until 1936. He was also captain of the Deanery Cricket Club and Secretary of Hampshire County Cricket Club.
Ref: Hampshire Telegraph 31 March 1939